Translate

Monday, October 21, 2019

Halloween at Aunt Ethel's Review


Disclaimer: Contains spoilers!

Plot Summary: Zany antics ensue as some girl becomes fixated on an old lady killing kids in the neighborhood.

Review: Oh, wowwee, where to even begin with this disaster? First and foremost, ignore the high ratings and positive reviews. The shilling from the cast and crew is pathetic and unforgivable. Next, let's address the obvious: this movie is fucking SHIT! Realistically, the running time is like an hour, but the credits are ludicrously long, there are bloopers, and a song made about the Aunt Ethel character. Typically, I might even like these shenanigans if they were done tastefully, but that hour of running time was so painfully stupid I couldn't even tolerate another second of this pure garbage. You know it's bad when they can't even nail the schoolgirl outfit which is used plentifully throughout. I mean, come the fuck on, dude!

You know the drill at this point. The effects are cheap, the acting is atrocious, the cinematography is trash, and the story is moronic beyond imagination. I won't even tell you how much time I spent trying to figure out if Aunt Ethel was played by a man. This bitch is just killing people in broad daylight in an average neighborhood even with the blinds open on the windows. Nobody notices, nobody calls the police, and she gets away with this for years with none any the wiser. Riiiiight. There's a difference between trying to be funny and outright idiocy. Guess which one this is? I'll admit, some jokes are funny and do land, however, that hardly compensates for the eye-rolling moments at every torturous second. Don't even get me started on that retarded ending. Good lord!

While I can laugh at something as dumb as pickled chocolate, it's hard to put up with this level of mindless humor. They do throw in titties, but I just ended up feeling sorry for these actors. This may not be the worst of the Halloween-themed movies I've covered, but it's definitely right there at the bottom. This isn't even a so bad it's good kind of situation either. Worse, the shilling to give out fake reviews and ratings irks me greatly. For that, I'll give this film an even lower rating which is already embarrassing as it is.

Notable Moment: When the "karate kid" chokes some girl out. Okay, I'll admit I did laugh at that scene.

Final Rating: 2.5/10

No comments: