Translate

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Ramblings of Ryan Volume 10: Nemesis

    For years now I've been reviewing every horror movie that had a Halloween-centric plot; I even covered a bunch of kids movies. Well, I have finally scraped the bottom of barrel so hard that I've come out the other end. Yeah, there is still trash out there with ratings on IMDB already below a 3/10, but I don't know if I have the willpower left to review that level of shit. Besides, is there anyone else who has so thoroughly reviewed the movies around this holiday? I am tempted to give it its own section of the blog, because there are that many of these movies trying to make a cheap buck by slapping a jack-o'-lantern on the cover. In the meantime, I will be covering any old horror movie in October from here on out while adding a few of those barrel scrapings to the mix. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to it, but the well has pretty much run dry.

Instead, this year I've focused on adding a new section, and third blog, for the TV show, "Are You Afraid of the Dark." I've wanted to add something new for a while since covering movies has been slow. I love this show, and it's being resurrected, so now is the perfect time to get it out there. I'm still working on reviews for season 1, but if you want to check it out click this link or the tab above: https://thevagrantrises3.blogspot.com/

As for the movies, the reviews come out so slow now, because, realistically, they just suck anymore and I'm running out of ways to say that. I have discussed this before, but the entertainment industry as a whole has sputtered into oblivion. Overloaded with shills, every aspect of the industry has become political, borderline (and often open) propaganda with only a message and no creativity or a sense of timeless storytelling. Connected to this is a collective stagnation of ideas where everything is a sequel, reboot, remake, based on a book, etc. It's tiring. Furthermore, it gets annoying reading the shill reviews and promotions claiming any criticism of this garbage is done by "vocal trolls" and then the real crybaby-bitch complaints are labeled as "fans" hate ___. Uh huh. I don't want to go heavy into this topic since that's not what my blog is about at all. Just want to put it out there to explain my decreased activity over the last couple years. On the bright side, those who love to read the reviews where I'm angry and raging at a movie will love this material!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I hope you’re well.

I’m KC Flanagan, one of the Producers and actors for the short pagan horror film, ‘Moonlit Requiem,’ developed by Arthur Edelman. 

Moonlit Requiem is currently performing very well on the 2021 International film festival circuit; having already collected 14 wins this year. We are seeking reviews from film critics and bloggers that have a particular interest in the horror genre in order to promote our project.  Naturally, the entire film will be made available to you should you wish to carry out a review. 

Please see our IMBb page listing details at: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13844968/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The trailer for Moonlit Requiem can be viewed here: https://vimeo.com/468513178

We’d be happy to offer up writer and director, Arthur Edelman and myself for interview if this is something you’d be interested in doing.  We can also make any other cast members available should you wish to interview them also. Thanks for your time and attention.

We hope you enjoy the trailer and hope to hear from you soon. Best wishes and stay safe,



KC FLANAGAN
Producer
Moonlit RequiemEmail: producerrequiem@gmail.com