Translate

Sunday, August 5, 2012

American Reunion Review



Disclaimer: Contains spoilers!

Plot Summary: It's part 4 of the gross-out sex-comedy series, and this time the gang is going to an overdue reunion.

Review: I'm not going to lie, I just saw this movie a month ago, and I'm already forgetting what happened! That is probably my biggest problem with this movie, it is just mediocre and apparently forgettable. This is part four already (technically part 8!) of a franchise that relies heavily on the same kind of gags and situations. I suppose the acting was decent enough and the jokes were about the level of raunchiness I was expecting, but something just feels amiss here. The reunion that they keep building toward is so lame and just throws in all the characters we've been missing in all the past sequels; it's also much shorter without a lot of action considering the hype. The majority of the plot revolves around the tired story of growing up and wishing you were still young. The only reason I even rated this movie as high as I did was because it did make me smile a few times and some jokes were funny. Other than that, this felt like an unnecessary installment with the same jokes slightly tweaked. Now I can't wait for the next stage in the character's lives: American Funeral. Should be great! If you're a big fan of this franchise I'm sure this will be just as good to you, but I would assume the generation that grew up on the first one would be as burned out on the jokes as I've become; give it a watch, I suppose, but don't expect much at all.

Notable Moment: When Stifler, who is constantly haunted by the fact that Finch banged his mom, gets with Finch's mom as revenge (played by the forever hot Rebecca De Mornay).

Final Rating: 5.5/10

No comments: