Translate

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope Review



Disclaimer: Contains spoilers!

Plot Summary: Young Luke Skywalker embarks on a journey to save a princess from the galactic Empire.

Review: It's tough to say what is my absolute favorite film of all time, but I do know it's one of the original Star Wars movies. I LOVE this movie! I still remember watching this film as a child and my mind being blown. Your life just isn't the same after you watch these films. I always would involve SW in how I would play with my toys or play with the actual movie toys. I have so many fond childhood memories around this franchise; I'm still creating fond memories to this day! SW affects your very way of thinking! Don't tell me I'm the only one who imagines a flashlight is a lightsaber every time you pick it up? I know everyone out there wants to use the force and/or be a jedi too! I mean, what is there to even say? Everyone knows the plot and everyone knows the beloved characters even if you hate the franchise. I love everyone: Vader, Luke, Obi-wan, Leia, Han, Chewie, R2, Threepio, I even like Porkins! The original SW is arguably the most influential movie in film history. Every single aspect of film making works here. The effects were/are groundbreaking, incredible music, great dialogue, memorable acting and characters, amazing story even in its simplicity, inventive visuals and aliens, perfect pacing, and immensely fun and satisfying. Other than the occassional shoddy effect and few questionable plot points, this is as close to a perfect film as you can get. The only true rival to SW is in fact the other SW movies: Empire or Jedi. From the iconic opening, to the impressive first scenes, to the immersive adventure, all the way to the dramatic climax, everything about this film works on every level. Watch this movie if you haven't by now! This is what film is all about, people!

Notable Moment: The final trench run on the Death Star. The music is so epic, and you are on the edge of your seat as Vader closes in on Luke!

Final Rating: 10/10

No comments: