Translate

Friday, August 17, 2012

Batman & Robin Review



Disclaimer: Contains spoilers!

Plot Summary: Batman and Robin are back with Batgirl while trying to stop the likes of Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, and Bane in the most ridiculous manner yet.

Review: I still remember seeing this shit in theaters thinking I might walk out. This movie is an abomination to all that is film making! But over the years I've gained a newfound appreciation for the film, because I was looking at it like it was an action film which it clearly is not; I now realize it is a comedy! Every aspect of this film from beginning to end is pure garbage if taken seriously, but it somehow transcends being one of the worst films in history into so bad it's good territory. The cheesy one-liners, the overacting, the implausible scenarios, the idiotic throwaway love interest, the terrible music, and the absolute shitting all over the Batman franchise, it all comes together somehow. There's so many moments I love like "I'll kill you later" as opposed to now?! Or Bruce's retarded girlfriend, "Ivy...who's Ivy?" said in the most monotone voice imaginable. "This is why superman works alone" and "The batcard, don't leave the cave without it!" oh dear lord! I can only imagine the level of incompetence it took to screw this one up so badly. What were they thinking?! If i could sum up my thoughts on this film in a single word it would be "why?" Seriously, why would anyone think this was the right direction to go? It killed the franchise back then and scarred so many careers. I feel like the Joker...I see the joke now! Only watch this bad boy if you are expecting the greatest comedy of the '90s (greatest comedy of all time?!)! Even the campy '60s Batman TV show was more serious than this shit and that's saying something. Lastly, if for some reason you should actually like this movie and not think it's bad, I think you need to check yourself into the nearest mental institute ASAP because something is wrong with you.

Notable Moment: The entire opening sequence has me in tears from laughing so hard...too many ice-related jokes...too stupid!

Final Rating: 2.5/10 (10/10 for comedic gold)

No comments: