Translate

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones Review



Disclaimer: Contains spoilers!

Plot Summary: Anakin Skywalker is now a young Jedi knight and must uncover a plot to overthrow the galactic republic

Review: This is without a doubt the worst of the six major films. I still remember the first time I read about the title to Episode II and thinking it was a joke; I'm still wishing it was. Now that doesn't mean it is absolutely horrible, but the only mistake it fixed from Episode I was making Jar Jar's role significantly smaller. In its place, action has been toned down until maybe the last half hour when things finally pick up. The vast majority of the movie is lame dialogue and a contrived romance between Anakin and Padme; seriously, some of the lines are so painful to listen to I cringe. On the other hand, the visuals are even more beautiful and impressive than the last film; the music is of course as good as always. The few action scenes are really awesome and the highlight of the movie. Although I'm not a fan of Yoda actually fighting someone with a lightsaber, you've got to love the final fight. Who da man? Yoda man! The lame political drama continues on with a sketchy plot about systems leaving the galactic republic and a clone army, but I suppose it is an improvement over the last part. I really wish they would have handled Anakin's transition to the darkside better. From what we were told in Episode IV, that Anakin is nothing like this whiny version; this is probably the weakest point to this film. As with Episode I, I really wanted to like this film when it came out, but, for me, it's much worse than Episode I. I probably should rate this one even lower, but I have a soft spot for all things Star Wars.

Notable Moment: When the Jedi show up to fight within the battle arena against an army of battledroids.

Final Rating: 6/10

No comments: